The USB flash drive is self-powered flash memory storage media, which is compatible with both Mac OS X and Windows. You can use your Mac OS X USB flash drive by attaching it to the Universal Serial Bus port of your machine. Such devices are generally removable and re-writable. They are smaller than any storage device like hard disk, floppy disk, CD, or DVD. The best part of these storage media is they do not contain any moving component and thus they are safe from physical damage. However, like other storage devices, they may also face logical failure and data loss. In such situations, you need to opt for USB Data Recovery solutions to get your important data back.
What cause USB data loss?
1. Mistakenly or carelessly delete files from USB flash drive and cannot find them in the recycle bin or trash bin.
2. Lose files when transferring them from USB flash drive to other devices for unknown reason.
3. Forget to unplug USB flash drive after computer shutting down and some files are deleted.
4. USB flash drive suffers virus or malware attack and files get hidden or deleted.
5. USB flash drive files become inaccessible due to unknown reasons.
Solutions for USB data recovery
It is advisable to take USB drive recovery tool to recover data from USB, as this is the most effective and direct method. There are lots of USB data recovery program, you just need to get a right one that best fits your needs.Here let’s have a try with some Data Recovery tools. You can follow the steps below to get all your files back from USB flash drive because most of the data recovery apps are using the same skills.
After installing and running the program on your Mac, connect your USB flash drive with the Mac, and then choose “Deleted File Recovery” to find your lost files.
Here you can see that your USB flash drive is detected by the program. Choose it and hit “Scan” to begin finding lost files.
After the scanning process completed, all the files found back are classified as original paths in the left list of the interface. Select the files you want to recover and click”Recover” to save them on your Mac.
Tips for USB drive recovery:
1. Backup files regularly. Although lost files on USB drive can be recovered with the help of recovery technology, but the success rate of USB recovery is not 100%. Files backup regularly is the safest way to reduce data loss.
2. Before USB flash drive recovery, better put your USB in secure place and never attempt to save more files to it.
3. For more details about USB data recovery, just visit this post to get the useful skills you want.